- We offer access to a variety of Board Certified Clinicians. You pay on a by visit basis when you talk to a Board Certified Clinician.
- In the future, if paying with your insurance/employer benefits, the cost will vary depending on your benefits. All costs will be shown prior to scheduling an appointment.
- Please see our pricing below: Medical – Board Certified Clinician
- Starting at $65 for a 15 min consultation Mental Health Clinicians Psychology
- Starting at $119 for a 25 min consultation
- Starting at $159 for a 50 min consultation Psychiatry
- Starting at $229 for initial 45 min consultation
- Starting at $109 for 15 min follow-up
- Smart Doctors do not currently accept insurance but some of our doctors do. If the doctors accept insurance, their office will call you to get the details and will confirm the appointment. If you have additional questions, feel free to call us directly at 1-646-470-7004.
Yes! If you need a copy of your visit notes to share with your primary care physician, follow these steps:
- Go to www.smartdoctors.us
- Login to your account and go to the “My Health” drop-down menu
- Select “Visits” from the drop-down. You can now view the notes from any of your visits with Smart Doctors, and also have the option to print.
Payments & Billing
We accept the following payment methods:
- All major credit cards, such as VISA, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover
- HSA or FSA debit card (VISA or MasterCard logo)
- Authorizing your payment method:
- Smart Doctors will authorize your card immediately for all appointments scheduled less than 48 hours away. If the card is invalid you will be unable to schedule or book an appointment.
Prescription & Pharmacy
Access to your doctor will be made available via asynchronous ways or via internal chat. Where you can request a refill to your doctor. In some cases there might be a charge.
- Email address – email@example.com
- Phone – 1 646-470-7004
If you were seen by any other Board Certified Clinician, you should schedule another visit to request a refill of your medication.
Let your new pharmacy know that you want to transfer your prescriptions from your old pharmacy. You can do this by calling, stopping by the new pharmacy in person—or you may be able to do a transfer online if your new pharmacy offers transfer services on their website or mobile app.
Please follow these easy steps:
- Log into the Smart Doctors website
- Go to My Profile
- Click on ‘Pharmacies’
- Select ‘Add Pharmacy’ or ‘Edit’
When connecting to a Board Certified Clinician or scheduling an appointment, the app will prompt you to select a pharmacy using a locator.
Yes. The prescription can be sent by the doctor to the patient’s preferred pharmacy. Doctors will have the option of prescribing both generic and name-brand pharmaceuticals.
Once you are logged into the app, please click on the “gear” icon, located in the top right of the screen. From this screen, you can edit your Account and Payment information.
For safety of your account, the following information will need to be updated via contacting our Member Support team.
- Date of Birth
- Email Address
Yes. Our psychiatrists can prescribe medication at their discretion. However, there are certain limitations as to which medications our psychiatrists can prescribe. Any medication that has a DEA Schedule I-V or requires an in-person visit with a local psychiatrist. If the medication you need is one that our providers are unable to prescribe, we recommend consulting with your primary doctor, or a local health facility.
- Every Therapist retains the right to authorize an emotional animal support letter, it is left to their medical judgment in each case.
- Please note that it is necessary to create an appointment with a Therapist to discuss this request.
Yes. We understand the importance of selecting a therapist carefully. We allow you to view available therapists licensed in your state, read their biographies, and choose who you want to talk to. You may also choose to meet with the same therapist for future visits.